Sep 23, 2021
As a tax practitioner during the revolving door of tax law
changes this year, you might have asked yourself questions such
- Can I bill my clients for PPP loan assistance?
- How do I bill my clients for employee retention credit
- How do I get my long-time clients to value and agree to pay for
the high-quality services that I offer each year?
If any of the above apply, we have some tips. Loren Fogelman, a
business coach for accounting professionals at Business Success
Solution, provides some best practices on how to innovate your
billing practices for the future.
What you’ll learn in this
- Low-value vs. high-value clients (2.07)
- Ways that firms and practitioners can attract the right kind of
- How firms determine whether it is time to move on from a client
- Step-by-step process to raise rates for existing clients
- How to determine package services and pricing (14.40)
- The lowdown on timesheets and hourly rates (18.48)
- Formula for best pricing (20.22)
- How to handle situations when clients do comparison shopping
with each other (24.10)
- Four takeaways on clients’ perceptions of value (27.08)
Marketing Toolkit — These tools help you demonstrate your
strength as a trusted adviser, assisting with all aspects of your
clients’ financial situations.
Note: If your podcast app does not hyperlink to resources,
visit https://taxodyssey.libsyn.com to
access show notes with direct links.
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Tax Section,
your home base to maintain your professional edge. To learn more
about the Tax Section, check out aicpa.org/tax or sign
up for a free web